Quality Outcomes at Woodland Hospital
We take the views of our patients very seriously and use their feedback to continually develop our services.
By asking patients to complete a short questionnaire upon discharge means we regularly receive great feedback about the quality of the care offered at here at Woodland Hospital.
Recent quality statistics*
- 99.5% of patients asked said felt they were given enough privacy when discussing their treatment.
- 98.2% of patients asked said they could understand the information given to them by the Doctors.
- 100% of patients asked said they were given enough privacy when being examined or treated.
- 97% of patients asked said they received a friendly welcome on arrival at the Woodland Hospital.
- 97.5% of patients asked said they would be likely to or extremely likely to recommend Woodland Hospital to family and friends.
*Statistics taken from the QaR Patient Satisfaction Survey
99.1% of patients who had a hip replacement at Woodland Hospital saw an improvement, compared to 97% at the local trust hospital.
94% of patients who had a knee replacement at Woodland Hospital saw an improvement, compared to 92% at the local trust hospital. Woodland is in line with the NHS average.
Woodland Hospital has a very low rate of hospital acquired infection and has had no reported hospital acquired MRSA Bacteraemia in the past 3 years.
Food Standards Agency
We are delighted that the Woodland Hospital catering department, headed up by chef Brian Graham, has achieved a fantastic 5 stars for their Food Hygiene Rating.
The food safety officer typically looks at:
- How hygienically the food is handled – how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored.
- The condition of the structure of the buildings – the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities.
- How the business manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe.
- “I’ve been to Woodland Hospital several times for various procedures & the staff & Doctors’ are fabulous, I would definitely recommend it for anyone who wants 5*care & service” June 2017
- “Staff are all lovely and caring and they made me feel comfortable with my procedure. Lovely clean hospital too. Thank you to all staff.” July 2017
- “Five stars to everyone in the hospital!” July 2017
- “Woodland Hospital is an excellent hospital, very clean and modern with very friendly staff.” July 2017
- “The care and friendliness was fantastic right from the porters to the surgeons. The nurses were brilliant and I could not praise them highly enough. Also like to mention the staff at the reception desk who are very welcoming.” August 2017
If you would like the leave patient feedback regarding your experience at Woodland Hospital, click here.