The physiotherapists have a wide variety of treatments with which to treat a patients problem. These include:
- Assessment and management of musculoskeletal pathologies off all joints, including the jaw joint
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Shockwave Therapy
- Hand therapy
- Sports injury prevention and management service
- Rehabilitation classes
- Work hardening and work-related injury management
- Gait assessment and re-education
- Podiatric assessment
- Pelvic health for men and women
- Occupational health
- Manual therapy and joint manipulations
- Soft tissue therapy
- Electrotherapy and shockwave therapy
- Strength and conditioning
- Biomechanical screening and correction
- Strapping and taping
- Wax therapy
- Exercise therapy including core strengthening and Pilates concepts
- Podiatry assessment and orthotic prescriptions
- Pelvic floor exercises
The listing above are just an example of the extensive range of conditions treated in the Physiotherapy Department at Woodlands Hospital. Please call 01536 536814 for further advice on available treatments
We have Clinical Specialist Physiotherapists who treats all types of female health problems including incontinence.
We have Clinical Specialist Physiotherapists who treat all types of male health problems including incontinence.
Acupuncture is a treatment in which needles are used to stimulate the nerves in skin and muscle, which can relieve symptoms of some physical and psychological conditions.
Physiotherapists specialising in acupuncture treatment are here to help you with your injury.
Sports Injury Clinic
Any injury to the body can be a nuisance, but even more so if you are involved in sport. It is important to obtain immediate advice and effective treatment following injury as a delay could lengthen your recovery time. At Woodlands Hospital we are able to offer access to Chartered Physiotherapists within 36 hours who will assess your injury, begin appropriate treatment and guide your rehabilitation, enabling you to return to your sport as soon as possible.
The Physiotherapist can undertake a comprehensive analysis of body movement and function for those whose problem recurs or does not resolve easily. Each patient will be given a structured progressive treatment programme, tailor made to their pathology, including the correction of any dysfunctional movement patterns.
For further information, please call Physiotherapy Department on 01536 536814
For further information, please call Hayley on 01536 536814
We provide highly specialised hand therapy services which includes hand rehabilitation and custom splinting.